If you run a small business that services the local community, it is important to do what you can to spread your message and in this short article, we offer a few ideas on how to do just that.
- Local sponsorship – Choose a local sports team with a good following and offer financial assistance; your name and logo will be prominently displayed and the community will recognise that you support good causes. Choose a team that you think has a chance of making it in the big league, which would quadruple your exposure. Start by looking at local media for sports teams that show potential and create a shortlist of suitable teams that you could sponsor.
- Bumper stickers – Talk to a local sticker supplier and design your own catchy set of bumper stickers; this is great value for money when compared to other forms of branding and marketing. Think about the number of people who will see the sticker and the more you give out, the better the exposure.
- Commercial vehicles – If you have a fleet of commercial vehicles, that’s a lot of free advertising space; talk to a sticker supplier and create large stickers that are noticeable. You get the best ROI when you invest in vehicle advertising, while this boosts brand recognition at the same time. Google can help you connect with a company that wraps commercial vans and together, you can design something that resonates with the community. Click here for ways to promote your business online.
- Promo gifts – The tried and trusted way to promote your brand is the giving out of promotional gifts; umbrellas, T-shirts, baseball caps, pens, keyrings and smartphone cases are some examples of promo gifts. Of course, you need top-quality products, which reflect your business and for what it costs, handing out promo gifts is still a great way to get your name out there. Your gift will often be the subject of discussion, which is a powerful way to bring your brand into the equation.
- Radio & podcasts – This is in an area that is very much overlooked; find a local podcaster and arrange an interview to let the world know what you and your company are all about. Local radio stations are always looking for unique content and by getting creative, you can spread your message. Radio advertising has long been an effective way to inform the community about special offers and local stations are always looking for new advertisers.
The more time you spend analysing the effectiveness of different branding strategies, the better decisions you can make. We hope that the above information helps you to create a winning branding strategy that helps the local community to identify with your business. Click here for business advertising methods you can consider using.