Marmoleum is an excellent flooring choice for commercial spaces, from retail shops to offices. So, if you are undecided about which flooring to pick for your commercial property, you have come to the right place.
In this blog, we will cover what you need to know about marmoleum floors and how they are beneficial for commercial spaces. Let’s dive right into it!
What is Marmoleum Flooring?
First of all, it would be a good idea to define what marmoleum is. Everyone is (or at least should be) aware of linoleum and vinyl flooring. In essence, marmoleum flooring is an upgraded form of linoleum flooring – natural linoleum that is made from natural materials such as linseed oil, cork, dust, and byproducts of harvested wood such as pine rosin. This makes it an incredibly versatile, durable and eco-friendly flooring option.
It’s important to remember that marmoleum and linoleum flooring are not the same, although some people might use these terms interchangeably. Not only are their compositions different, but they are also installed differently.
So, what are the benefits of marmoleum flooring that you could reap as a commercial property owner or developer? If you’re in charge of choosing the flooring for your commercial space, here are reasons why you should consider marmoleum flooring:
- Metal-free – marmoleum is free from heavy metals like cadmium, calcium and even volatile organic compounds (VOCs), of which the latter have been associated with various health problems, including nausea and irritation to eyes, throat, and nose
- Wide range of colours and designs to choose from – marmoleum flooring can come in a variety of patterns and colours, enabling you to customise your commercial flooring as you see fit, whether that’s to match your office furniture or wallpaper
- Easy maintenance – marmoleum floors are considered to be easy to clean and maintain; any spills can easily be wiped away, with potential for no staining as long as you clean it straight away; plus, marmoleum flooring is dust-free, preventing dust and debris from sticking onto its surface
- Sustainable – as it’s made from all-natural materials, most of which are renewable and/or recyclable, this makes marmoleum a sustainable flooring option for those who are eco-conscious
- Durable – marmoleum floors are known to be durable with a long lifespan, so you don’t have to worry about replacing floors for a long time, even in environments that see a lot of movement like offices, hospitals, and shops
- Warm and comfortable – marmoleum is deemed to be a comfortable flooring choice, easy to tread on without compromising its performance, and while you might think this is more suitable for a residential space, commercial properties would also benefit from this perk, particularly in hospitality settings that aim to create a friendly and inviting environment for clients/customers
Choose Marmoleum for Your Commercial Space
As you can see, by choosing marmoleum flooring for your commercial space, you are also guaranteed the collection of benefits that come with it. Utilising marmoleum flooring for commercial spaces is a great way to not only boost your eco credentials, but also to increase satisfaction for both customers and employees with marmoleum’s appeal and comfort.