15 Questions You Should Ask Your Partner Before You Get Married
02 Aug 2017
Getting Married? That’s a good news, hope to see you grow old with your partner, but are you sure that your marriage would last till the end? Experts have figured out a way to predict if a marriage would work for a long-term period. They are of the opinion that if you ask your partner the following important questions before getting married, it will reduce the chances of marriage failure and you would have a better understanding with your partner.
1) Have we discussed whether or not to have children, and if the answer is yes, who is going to be the primary care giver?
2) Do we have a clear idea of each other’s financial obligations and goals, and do our ideas about spending and saving mesh?
3) Have we discussed our expectations for how the household will be maintained, and are we in agreement on who will manage the chores?
4) Have we fully disclosed our health histories, both physical and mental?
5) Is my partner affectionate to the degree that I expect?
6) Can we comfortably and openly discuss our sexual needs, preferences and fears?
7) Will there be a television in the bedroom?
8) Do we truly listen to each other and fairly consider one another’s ideas and complaints?
9) Have we reached a clear understanding of each other’s spiritual beliefs and needs, and have we discussed when and how our children will be exposed to religious/moral education?
10) Do we like and respect each other’s friends?
11) Do we value and respect each other’s parents, and is either of us concerned about whether the parents will interfere with the relationship?
12) What does my family do that annoys you?
13) Are there some things that you and I are NOT prepared to give up in the marriage?
14) If one of us were to be offered a career opportunity in a location far from the other’s family, are we prepared to move?
15) Does each of us feel fully confident in the other’s commitment to the marriage and believe that the bond can survive whatever challenges we may face?
Asking the above questions before you tie a knot would certainly help you overcome any future uncertainties. You will come to know if you will be able to live with a person after the questioning session and you may change your decision before the things get official.
Honestly, you would save your money that might get wasted as a result of a failed marriage.
If these important questions prove helpful to you, share them with your friends, too.